If you are worried about rising energy bills and increasing food prices, now is a good time to start planning for Christmas, to avoid running up expensive debts for 2023. Here are some ways to help you to keep your costs manageable at this time of year, ranging from making a budget and making your own decorations to reduce waste.
- Make a budget – Consider how much you can afford
- Make a ‘no present pact’ with friends
- Downshift the turkey and extras – find cheaper alternatives to top brands
- Reduce unnecessary ‘tat’ – make your own decorations
- Remember that time spent with family is better than the money you spend
CMA South Wilts offers a free non-judgemental service for people who are struggling with their finances in these difficult times. We recognise that many may feel uncomfortable with discussing their financial affairs over the phone which is why we also offer a face-to-face service. Contact us by phone, email or website.